Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sleeping on the Job

Hey folks, sorry it took a while to post something, I know many of you have been very upset without your daily dose of Dan. The truth is, though, that I don't have much to say. For fear of posting some garbage blog (which to me seems unforgivable, what with my views on blogging in general), I have been waiting for the inspiration to find me before putting type to internet. Perhaps I should go seeking inspiration instead. Unfortunately, I'm generally pretty exhausted from being on my feet so much, and I've had a sore throat since I got here from talking all day. Not to worry though, I'm getting used to the job and I'm quite comfortable all in all.

A couple bits of news though, I am no longer the new guy. A new teacher just got into town on Friday night and the guy he's replacing and I took him out for some beers already. He seems real cool and I'm glad to have another new guy in the office. I believe we will make fine friends.

The only other thing to report is that I just hosted a dinner party last night with all the foreign teachers. It was quite pleasant, if not a bit cramped; comfortably seating seven people is asking a lot from any apartment in Korea. But we had a good time and I ate one of the best and most well rounded meals I've had since I got here.

So that's about all there is for now. Like I said, I've been sleeping on the job. I'm looking for some specific pictures to put up for a new segment in the sidebar, which I will be calling "It's Normal in Korea." Suffice to say, there are quite a few differences between the Western norms and the Korean ones.

Lastly, I would like to formally apologize to my good pal Brian Bass for so blatantly ripping off his style and neglecting to credit him for it. My bad. If you liked the style of my last entry, please check out Brian's blog at http://www.zisforzoo.blogspot.com/ , it is quite hilarious. Also, if you don't already know, check out what my brother Ben has been up to at http://www.benhasnojob.blogspot.com/.

That's all for now. More and better posts to come, I promise, as soon as I find Ms. Inspiration.

3 comments:

Brian Bass said...

Yo, sounds like things are going well in Korea! Thanks for the shout out. I'll check out your bro's blog. Sounds good.

As for being back in Bmore......To be continued.

Sue said...

So, what did you have to eat at your dinner party? Did you cook? Did you play soju pong?

Mr.Dan said...

I cooked rosemary/lemon/olive oil chicken marinated for a full 24 hours, with rice. other people brought broccoli and cauliflower with cheese, a salad, and some spicy eggplant dish. it was tasty.